1. Remove dash cover around stereo. (which involves removing the shifter cover too. you can do it without,
but it's easier if you do. if you've got a 5 spd, don't worry about it and just work around.
2. Remove the switch panel around the steering wheel. there are 4 screws on the bottom of it, then it
"hinges" up on tabs across the top. You gotta bend it slightly to get it around the steering column, but it
comes out without damaging anything. remember to unhook all the wires from the switches before trying to
yank it out. :)
3. Now unscrew all the black screws around the dash cover. there are a couple above and below the gauge
cluster, then a couple more around the A/C controls (thus the reason you had to remove the stereo trim
cover).. there may be a couple screws that I forgot, but just look around the edges of the whole thing and
you'll find them. you'll have a decent sized pile of black screws by now. that's fine. Just don't lose any. :)
you'll have to twist and bend and pull to get this out from around the steering wheel also, but just go slowly
and you'll figure it out without a problem. again, remember to disconnect the wires before yanking. :)
4. Now you've got the dash cover out.. the gauge pod is held in by 4 screws (I think 4) around the top and
bottom edges. Unscrew these, then pull the gauges out a couple inches.. there are 3 wire harness
connections. They have tabs on both sides, so you have to squeeze on both sides of the connector. Once
those are out, the gauge pod is ready for removal.
5. I'm not sure which bulbs will need to be moved and stuff, but that's not hard at all. Just look at the gauge
cluster and it will be fairly self-explanatory.
I think that's about it.. have fun!